Hey! This is the old a broken mold. Newer stuff is at abrokenmold.net.
That being said, feel free to rummage through the archives over here. Also feel free to leave comments; we're still keeping an eye on this.

You may have heard about the Adobe Acrobat vulnerability a while back. OK, so maybe you're not using it right now. But… if you even have it installed, you could be at risk. Since it integrates some into Explorer on Windows, if you just select an infected PDF file, the proper malware could take advantage of the hole and do… bad stuff.

The recommended action for now is to uninstall Reader and Acrobat if you have them and use an alternate PDF reader.

I'm still using Adobe 8 (for the Firefox plugin, which I rarely use anyway), but it's leaving for now… I'm just fine with Foxit.

[via DownloadSquad]

1 comments:

Matthew said...

Hmmmm. I have the flash player 10 plugin for FF, but nothing else. I wonder.